As a naturally soothing and calming essential oil, Lavender is one of dōTERRA’s most popular and practical oils. Whether you need to soothe occasional skin irritation, ease feelings of tension, or promote restful sleep, Lavender oil has many helpful uses.*
Taken from the highly aromatic lavender flower, Lavender oil has been used for centuries for its distinct aroma and powerful benefits. In ancient times, Egyptians and Romans used Lavender for bathing, relaxation, cooking, and as a perfume. Its calming and relaxing qualities continue to be Lavender’s most notable qualities.
The following testimonials and usage ideas came directly from Clearly Essential team members and customers who recently shared some of their favorite applications of Lavender:
- Lavender has helped my sagging eyelids.
- I combine Lavender with Balance and use it on pressure points when I (or one of my children) need to calm down.
- My coworker had an earache. I put some Lavender on a Q-tip and just inside her ear canal. The pain went away!
- My fingers were so sore last night from scrubbing grout in my kitchen for hours. I put a few drops of Lavender oil straight on my hands after my shower, and they don’t feel like they’re going to blister!
- My husband snores loud enough to wake our neighbors. I started putting Lavender on his toes, and the snoring has stopped.
- If you have a teething baby with a runny nose, apply a drop to the end of the nose to dry it up.
- I love to put Lavender on my dryer balls and dry my sheets and PJs.
- Last night I put Lavender, Melaleuca, and FCO (Fractionated Coconut Oil) on our fisherman who got too much sun yesterday. This morning, all redness and pain is gone.
- It’s great for itchy, watery eyes during this season! I put a little on my son’s temples and cheekbones, and he immediately stops rubbing his eyes.
- It helped greatly on my daughter’s airbag burns after her car accident! She was released from the burn center a month earlier than expected, which we attribute to the use of Lavender!
- I like to diffuse 2 drops each Lavender, Peppermint, and Lemon during environmental threat season(s).
- When my youngest was struggling with sleep (due to teeth emerging), I found lavender along her jaw and behind her ears to not only help her sleep, but to feel less ache in her mouth. Double win!
- Amazing for this time of year with itchy eyes, scratchy throat, and runny nose.
- I love it for bug bites and burns!
- Each night Lavender goes into my diffuser in my bedroom while I bathe in a hot tub of Epsom Salt and several drops of Lavender. My husband so often checks on me because sometimes I come very close to falling asleep. It is so relaxing.
- My dog loves several essential oils, especially Lavender. I use it when he gets a scrape or cut and when he needs to relax from illness or sore muscles.
- I love to use in the dryer and to make Lavender lemonade.
- I use it when I get a burn or cut.
- The moment I get out his usual ear cleaner, my dog runs, but I get out the essential oils and he just hangs out there like he knows it’s gonna help!
- I’ve used it with Frankincense and Melaleuca to ease a burn on my hand.
- I like to diffuse it for the calming effect.
- I had it in a dessert during my cooking with oils class. It was so good!
- It works like magic against burns.
- My son falls on the spectrum and gets highly overstimulated. Lavender is a great addition to our nightly routine to help calm him and get better rest.
- I burned my hand recently. After running cold water over the burn, I immediately put Lavender on it. Within a couple of hours, it wasn’t even visible!
- I’m adding a drop to the unscented dōTERRA Spa Hand and Body Lotion with two pumps of jojoba oil, and it is eliminating the red bumps on my legs!
- We put 2-3 drops on our Golden Retriever who was so afraid of thunderstorms. It would calm her down in minutes.
- We diffuse Lavender and Breathe every night for better rest and clearer breathing.
- I use it for immediate relief from sunburn or burn from the oven.
- I use 2 drops each Lavender and Wild Orange oils on my dryer balls, especially when drying sheets and towels.
- I diffuse 2 drops each Lavender, Breathe, and Wild Orange in my kids’ rooms at night during times when pollen count is high.
- My neighbor had a bite that was driving her crazy with the itch. I had her put one drop of Lavender on it every five minutes for 30 minutes, and the itching stopped completely. She was blown away!
dōTERRA recommends the following uses for Lavender:
- Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet at bedtime.
- Keep a bottle of Lavender on hand to soothe occasional skin irritations.
- Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air by combining Lavender with water in a spray bottle.
- Take internally to reduce anxious feelings.*
- Use in cooking to soften citrus flavors and add a flavorful twist to marinades, baked goods, and desserts.
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Lavender is a mild oil that doesn’t usually irritate skin, but you may dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Contact me to learn how to get the best pricing on essential oils with a wholesale membership and monthly shipment that also allows you to earn free products.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.