With warmer weather, blooming flowers, and garden sprouts, spring brings the welcome joys of outdoor fun. Whether we’re playing at the park, working in the garden, or enjoying a sporting event, this is a wonderful time of year and another opportunity to be empowered with natural solutions.
If you want to go outside but can’t enjoy the great outdoors once you get there because of your runny nose and itchy eyes, try these natural solutions:
- Breathe and Breathe Touch
- Breathe Vapor Stick
- Breathe Respiratory Drops
- Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint
Personal Care DIY
DIY Gardener’s Hand Soap
Planting and maintaining your own garden has many benefits; however, the dirt-stained hands you get from gardening are far from ideal. This easy-to-make Gardener’s Hand Soap is an exfoliator, cleanser, and moisturizer all in one.
- In a small bowl, add all ingredients and stir until smooth and combined.
- Pour into air-tight container and keep next to sink for easy use.
- To use, grab a handful of soap and scrub your dirt-covered hands. After you’re done, your hands will be clean, soft, and exfoliated.
Citrus Sunrise Massage Blend
Spring Diffuser Blends
Recipes for Your Table
Brussels Sprouts and Asparagus with Lemon Oil
1 bundle asparagus
12 ounces Brussels sprouts
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2–3 drops Lemon essential oil
3–4 cups water
- Bring water to boil.
- Halve sprouts and add to water. Boil for 4–5 minutes.
- While sprouts are cooking, heat up skillet.
- While sprouts drain, add extra virgin olive oil to skillet.
- Add Brussels sprouts; sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Sauté Brussels sprouts for about 3 minutes, then add Lemon essential oil.
- Add asparagus and toss. Cover skillet and let cook, tossing a few times to coat asparagus.
- Cook until desired tenderness.
Lazy Avocado Sushi with Ginger Essential Oil
1 cup brown rice, cooked
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1 to 1½ tablespoons rice vinegar
1 toothpick of Ginger essential oil
Essential oil variations:
- High-quality raw salmon, tuna, or yellowtail
- Cooked shrimp
- Fresh pineapple, diced
- Fresh mango, diced
- Coconut shavings
- Lemon, sliced thinly
- Lime, sliced thinly
- Fish sauce
- Cut avocado in half.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce and rice vinegar. Dip a toothpick into the orifice of the Ginger essential oil.
- Dip toothpick into sauce mixture and swirl to combine.
- Mix rice with sauce. Top avocado with rice. Drizzle more sauce on top if desired, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Scoop out with a spoon and enjoy your lazy sushi bite by bite!
Click here to check out some favorite spring and summer salad recipes.
I hope you enjoy your springtime weather, blossoms, and outdoor fun! And don’t forget the TerraShield or your DIY bug spray to keep the bugs away.
If you would like more information about essential oils and other natural remedies from dōTERRA, contact me to help you learn more and save.